1st Annual Autonomous Ground Vehicle Competition
- 28 November, 2013 – 1 December, 2013
- Deakin University, Waurn Ponds Campus
The Annual Autonomous Ground Vehicle Competition (AGVC) aims to stimulate robotics related research in Australian tertiary institutions.
- AGVC logo
The theme for the inaugural Australian challenge is Autonomous Navigation.
The competition comprises three stages:
- technical qualification
- an autonomous navigation test
- an evaluation of the autonomous ground vehicle design.
See the AGVC Rules for full details. Some key points are listed below.
See also the list of competing teams.
How to enter
Entry involves two steps:
- Submission of an Expression of Interest from each team electronically lodged at email@example.com by 23:59 EST on 14 June 2013; and
- Submission of a completed entry form from each team lodged electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23:59 EST on 15 August 2013
These forms are also available at the AGVC website: http://www.agvc.net.au
Following submission of completed entry forms the Organising Committee may choose to award research grants of up to $1500 to teams whose approach is considered to be of particular interest.
Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to the top three teams based on the combined scores from the two tests:
- 1st Place - $15,000 plus two economy return airfares to compete at the Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition (IGVC) in the USA and $2,000 towards expenses.
- 2nd Place - $10,000
- 3rd Place - $5,000
In the event no team successfully completes the autonomous navigation test, nominal awards recognising overall performance will be made as follows:
- 1st Place - $5,000
- 2nd Place - $3,000
- 3rd Place - $2,000
At the discretion of the judging panel an award of up to $5,000 will be made to recognise particularly innovative ideas or technologies.
Submission of Expression of Interest: 14 June 2013
Submission of completed entry forms: 26 July 2013
Research grants notified: 5 Aug 2013
Technical reports: 1 Nov 2013
Competition date: 28 Nov – 1 Dec 2013